Another Wonderful List

While browsing the Zite app on my phone today, I ran across the article 23 Priceless Habits That Will Make You Your Greatest Self. I was quite skeptical about what I'd find inside but opened the article anyway. And I was pleasantly surprised at what I found (otherwise, I probably wouldn't be blogging about it!).

One thing I'm going to do is to turn this list into a new set of self-talk. It's good to refresh your inner dialog on a regular basis, and lists such as this one give you the opportunity to discover new material.

For example, habit #5 (which really hits home with me as I inch closer and closer to the big five-oh):
5. Look ahead when you walk, hold your head high and observe the world around you. Do not let life pass you by because next thing you know you’re going to be reading a blog (or watching on some sort of holographic projection) on things to remember in your fifties.
 Could be expressed with the self-talk statement:
I always look ahead and hold my head when I walk. I'm observant of what's going on around me, and I make sure life doesn't pass me by unnoticed.
By far, my favorite is #7, "Always practice good manners". Chivalry is not dead, gentlemen. And ladies, I'm happy for you to hold a door for me as long as you let me get the next one!

Use the comments to let me know which ones are your favorites, and how you might turn those into positive self-talk.

Random Tech Tip

I've never known how to keyboard my way to a different tab in Chrome. While writing this post I stumbled upon the CTRL-PageUp (or "pig up" as Homer Simpson would call it) and CTRL-PageDown keys. This will scroll you through your open tabs. My life is much better now that I don't have to reach for that mouse to switch tabs!

No comments:

Post a Comment